Tuesday, February 12, 2013


A short note: James is making small and steady progress. The infection is in his blood and lungs. He no longer has a fever, but carbon dioxide levels remain high. He is a little more alert, and able to write notes. He is very scared and confused. He has no memories of the last few days. He has been placed on hold (or made inactive) on the transplant list. He is not stable enough for transplant. My grief and pain are too unbearable to write about.

We are very grateful for the outpouring of love and support. Thank you for all your prayers. We feel the warmth. We feel the love. We cannot respond to all the messages right now, but I read every message, and I know that we are in your thoughts.

love, love, and more love.


  1. I want James to live so you two can be together.

  2. I'm here from Jessica's blog. I've read your story, and am praying for a speedy recovery for James. James is very lucky to have you!

  3. Dear,Andera&Jamens,I have no words of wisdom,i only see&hear through your blog the love you have for each other,sending you both lot,s of love prayer,s from the east coast

  4. Big Hugs for you both. So happy to hear of this baby step - fever breaking is very good news. We continue to hold you in our prayers and will add to that a sense of calm for James - the memories he has lost are likely for the best for his health, so peace and strength to let them go.

  5. This is all so sad. He must be terrified, as yourself as well. It is so scary to be at that point in your disease. I am so hoping for a miracle that he gets well very soon and gets his call. It frustrates me to no end. We fight and fight our disease, we have our transplant and feel good because we won. Then we begin to get bumps in the road, and some we cannot control and leaves the doctors puzzled. James must fight this, we are all praying for him. You can do it James, you still have many more years with Adena. Sending my love to you both.

  6. Dear Adena,
    I was so happy to read that James is showing some improvement only to be followed by disappointment for you both that he has been placed on hold.
    As soon as he gets stronger I know he will be reinstated. Carl is waiting to come to Toronto to have his week of final testing to see if he will be approved for a lung transplant. We follow your blog and feel for you as if you were our own. Know that there are many who are holding you both in prayer. Take care of yourself too, with affection, Susan & Carl