Tuesday, January 8, 2013

James here

Adena: Let's blog together.

James: I guess.

Adena: Where should we start? How are you feeling?

J: I'm feeling like I have been in here forever. I'm ready to go home and sleep in my own bed. I also miss the cat. I'm sick of having IVs and being attached to a machine. I just want to go home and rest. Hospital is somehow not restful.

A: Hospitals are definitely not conducive with the aspects of healing that require rest. The speakers come on in every room at least every hour, nurses shine flashlights in your face on a regular basis, and the early hours of the morning are, according to James, torture. This is apparently the ideal time for lab work, vital signs, and general poking and prodding.

J: I'm just a lump here. I am in a zombie-like mental state. I just want to go home and start over.

A: There appears to be a theme. We are really hoping that James will be discharged in the next day or so. His nausea and vomiting have settled for now, but there seems to be a delay, because of the need to secure funding for James' TPN, or in the least, formulate a nutrition plan for the short-term. This is the part of the blog that I return to James and he reiterates his desire to be back home.

J: That's about it.

A: Did I mention that the apartment is freezing cold? Our thermostat is broken. Several units in the building are without heat. We were given small space heaters, but the fuse keeps blowing with use. Instead, Ophelia and I burrow together under layers of blankets, and wish for another warm body in bed with us. (Cue James and "I want to go home").

J: I want to go home.       

1 comment:

  1. Awe, you guys. Even through James' pain I know he just simply wants to be with you Adena. I hope you bust out soon buddy. Actually, I hope your lungs come sooner.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete